Gary Potter and the Order of the . . .
Well, it took me forever to finish the title of this blog entry, because simply, I cannot find a mythical, legendary creature that I believe represents me fully. So I will continue researching by looking over "related links" on Wikipedia. As of now, my choices are between the kitsune, the serpent, and the dragon.. but I am not final due to the following reasons: the kitsune doesn't represent sui, or water enough; the serpent seems to give a .. more negative, and darker connotation; and the dragon is much too common -- I'd have to find something more specific.
That being said, this blog entry is going to be a bit philosophical and a bit personal at the same time. I have a great feeling this will be one of my most favorite blog entries of the year. Hopefully I can get some audience response with it as well, because that seems to be the point.
Kay, getting to the point. I just finished watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix with my family. While watching, there were so many parts where I was like "This is exactly how I feel." Just like Harry. Quite interesting, eh? Well.. it's time to psychoanalyze. And of course, also ask questions and present reasons why Harry was justified in doing the things he did. Yes, I was thinking deeply and overanalyzing during the entire movie. But I guess that's part of my nature, eh?
Well, it's 3:18 am, and I need to get me some rest.
I promise there won't be any more depressing posts; I think after watching this movie, I've.. realized a lot. First of all, I don't want to end up like Harry Potter. >.> Second, I don't want my emotional conflicts and responses as similar as Harry's -- as his had major consequences. Not like mine are of that dire importance, but if I got the point across, you understood. Finally, watching this movie and Harry's thoughts, his actions, his emotions -- I related. I related to his reactions, and I felt that I've treated some of my closest friends the same way. So even though Daniel Radcliffe's emotional acting capabilities are very limited (and not good enough for the last two movies b/c they are too dark and require lots of emotion), by reading the 5th book, seeing how Radcliffe portrayed Harry's actions -- I related. And I feel.. honestly, shocked that I can relate, and also unfortunate that I can.
There were a few lines of dialogue that I absolutely LOVED from the 5th movie. I'll post it here once I remember. [after rewatching of course!]
Five minutes later: I found it!
(This is the scene that follows Dumbledore's escape from Umbridge's wrath of sending him to Azkaban, when Ron and Hermione are feeling bad for Harry and Harry's regretting the whole "Dumbledore's Army" thing.)
Harry: Yeah, but I agreed. I tried so hard to help, and all it's done is made things worse. Anyway, it doesn't matter anymore, because I don't want to play anymore. All it does is make you care too much. The more you care the more you have to lose. You maybe it's just best to...
Hermione: To what?
Harry: To go it alone.
Sigh. That's how I've felt. ^^
I'll edit this later, hope you guys are excited for this entryyyyy!! I know I am
- Gary
Read Online Nokia 6085h User Manual Pdf rtf
7 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment