Thursday, April 02, 2009

rant

i really despise fake people.

being in the ib program for almost a complete three years has made me realize that so many people fake trying to be cool just to fit in.

i mean, we're ib kids. it's kind of a standard rule that we aren't the most conforming of the entire bunch.

but still, we have those kids who act like "grades don't matter" and that they're just so chill and that "whatever happens happens."

but we know deep down, you go home and study these psychology notes over and over again to make sure you get over a 105. because a 104 is truly unacceptable.

but when you talk to your peers, or your teachers, you act like it's "no big deal." you're just chilling and whatever happens happens -- a 98 and a 100 and a 94 are the exact same thing in your mind.. getting 100's is just luck or something.

whatever. stop being fake. i know that last week you ranted about your spanish grade. then the week before you ranted about apus..

and you're not the only one.

i'm not saying i never do this, but when it gets to the point where you're trying to convince a teacher to go from 98 to a 99/100.. that's ridiculous. and then constant complaining about subjectivity, favoritism, bad teaching.. but then going straight to that teacher and arguing it back? isn't THAT a little bit hypocritical?

WE KNOW YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR GRADES. WE KNOW YOU WANT TO GET 100 IN EVERYTHING AND BE THE VALEDICTORIAN. STOP ACTING LIKE YOU DON'T. All it does is piss off the kids who try to work hard but don't have your similar success. Some of us aren't made to remember details, facts, and charts and then regurgitate. Some of us are made to be real people.

yes, from this i didn't really have a great day. i wanted to but then the biology test sort of ruined it, everyone's "I DID TERRIBLE!" mindset ruined it -- since when is a 91 terrible? seriously. especially in a class THIS hard.

when will they learn?

*OH, and to add.
nhs / interact officer applications were due today. you were supposed to turn in your entry form and then a TYPED paragraph explaining why you deserve the position.

SO many people didn't even type up the paragraph and were going to skip 7th period to type it up and print it out.

seriously. DOES THAT SHOW ANY RESPONSIBILITY or LEADERSHIP? At least get it on freaking time. It does NOT take that long to explain why you deserve to be a leader. Unless.. you don't deserve to be the leader since you're not responsible enough and not a good time manager. So you shouldn't run for Interact President. Or NHS Vice President. BECAUSE YOU OBVIOUSLY CAN'T HANDLE TYPING AN EXPLANATION OF YOUR EXPERIENCE FOR JUST TEN MINUTES. Elections had better go my way. I spent an hour on my applications. AN HOUR. Because I can at least explain why I break away from this pack of conforming, fake and apathetic people.

1 comments:

Catherine said...

I feel the same way you do, Gary T__T but I can't say I don't do it myself...

btw, I LOVE your song!! I have it on my ipod <333